Monday, 31 March 2014

Camp abseiling

W.AL.T:


1 draft 

I was waiting for my turn while the other team mates were having their turn. Then finally it was my turn. I went inside the tower climbed up the wobbly ladder. I climbed up tot he top but I forgot that we had to stay on the platform at the top. I was worrying so much because Jade was crying and I thought it must have been creepy. Once Jade got to the ground I started walking towards the pole. Ants told me to go under the pole and grab on tight. She told me to grab on with my left I was pretty freaked out. I was looking at all my surroundings. All the people on the ground were cheering for me because they knew that this was going to be hard for me with a broken arm. I started walking slowly down the wall. My knees were shaking like ping pong balls bouncing. My tummy was telling me that I could do this. I was breathing deeply my tummy going in and out like someone squishing it. I started walking a bit faster. For some reason I started bouncing like a big huge balloon. My brain felt like there was wriggly worms crawling inside. I stopped and thought for a moment. Then the the worms popped out. I started to feel more conferdent. Finally, my tippy toes touched the ground. I had just done a huge achievement.

2 draft

I didn't know if I would be able to do it with a broken arm. Then ants the instructor said to me "I will help you do it. I was waiting for my turn while the other team mates were having their scary moment. Then finally it was my turn. I went inside the tower climbed up the wobbly and rusty ladder. I climbed up to the top but I forgot that we had to stay on the platform at the top. I was worrying so much because Jade was crying and I thought it must have been really creepy. Once Jade got to the ground I started walking towards the yellow pole. Ants told me to go under the pole and grab as tight as you can. She told me to grab on with my left I was pretty freaked out because I'm not a left handed. I was looking at all my surroundings. All the people on the ground were cheering for me because they knew that this was going to be hard for me with a broken arm. I started walking slowly down the wall. My knees were shaking like ping pong balls bouncing within 2 walls. My tummy was telling me that I could do this over and over again. I was breathing deeply, my tummy going in and out like someone doing CPR on me. I started walking a bit faster. For some reason I started bouncing like a big balloon. My brain felt like there was wriggly worms crawling inside. I stopped and thought for a moment. Then suddenly the the worms popped out. I started to feel more conferdent. Finally, my tippy toes touched the ground. I had just done a huge achievement.

3 draft

I didn't know if I would be able to do it with a broken arm. Then ants (the instructor) said to me "I will help you go down the abseiling wall". I was waiting for my turn while the other team mates were having their scary moment. Then finally, the time had come. I went inside the 12 FOOT tower and climbed up the wobbly and rusty ladder. I climbed up to the very top but I forgot that we had to stay on the platform before the top. I was screaming in the inside. I was worrying so much because Jade was crying so I thought it must have been really creepy. Once Jade got to the ground It was just me and Ants. I started walking in slow motion towards the yellow pole. The type of yellow  used me feel sick. Ants told me to go under the pole and grab on as tight as you can. She told me to grab on with my left arm. I was pretty freaked out because I'm not a left handed. I was looking at all my surroundings.... All the people on the ground were cheering for me because they knew that this was going to be hard for me with a broken arm. I started walking slowly down the wall. I had to put my left thumb by my bottom. My knees were shaking like ping pong balls bouncing within 2 walls. My tummy was telling me that I could do this over and over again. I was breathing deeply, my tummy going in and out like someone doing CPR on me. My brain felt like there was wriggly worms crawling inside. I stopped and thought for a moment but suddenly the worms popped out. I started to feel a bit more confident. I started walking a bit faster. For some reason I started bouncing like a big balloon. Finally, my tippy toes touched the ground. I had just done a huge achievement.

4 draft

I didn't know if I would be able to do it with a broken arm. Then ants (the instructor) said to me "I will help you go down the abseiling wall". I was waiting for my turn while the other team mates were having their scary and horrifying moments. Then finally the time had come. I went inside frightening tower and climbed up the wobbly and rusty ladder. I climbed up to the very top but I forgot that we had to stay on the platform before the top. I was worrying so much because Jade was crying and I thought it must have been really creepy. Once Jade got to the ground I started walking towards the yellow pole. The type of yellow made me feel sick. Ants told me to go under the pole and grab on as tight as you can. She told me to grab on with my left arm. I was pretty freaked out because I'm not a left handed. I was looking at all my surroundings.... All the people on the ground were cheering for me because they knew that this was going to be hard for me with a broken arm. I started walking slowly down the wall. I had to put my left thumb by my bottom. My knees were shaking like ping pong balls bouncing within 2 walls. My tummy was telling me that I could do this over and over again. I was breathing deeply, my tummy going in and out like someone doing CPR on me. My brain felt like there was wriggly worms crawling inside. I stopped and thought for a moment but suddenly the worms popped out. I started to feel a bit more confident. I started walking a bit faster. For some reason I started bouncing like I was getting ready to fight. Finally, my tippy toes touched the ground. I had just done a huge achievement.

5 draft

I didn't know if I would be able to do it with a broken arm. Then ants (the instructor) said to me "I will help you go down the abseiling wall". I was waiting for my turn while the other team mates were having their scary and horrifying moments. Then finally the time had come. I went inside frightening tower and climbed up the wobbly and rusty ladder. I climbed up to the very top but I forgot that we had to stay on the platform before the top. I was worrying so much because Jade was crying and I thought it must have been really creepy. Once Jade got to the ground I started walking towards the yellow pole. The type of yellow made me feel sick. Ants told me to go under the pole and grab on as tight as you can. She told me to grab on with my left arm. I was pretty freaked out because I'm not a left handed. I was looking at all my surroundings.... All the people on the ground were cheering for me because they knew that this was going to be hard for me with a broken arm. I started walking slowly down the wall. I had to put my left thumb by my bottom. My knees were shaking like ping pong balls bouncing within 2 walls. My tummy was telling me that I could do this over and over again. I was breathing deeply, my tummy going in and out like someone doing CPR on me. My brain felt like there was wriggly worms crawling inside. I stopped and thought for a moment but suddenly the worms popped out. I started to feel a bit more confident. I started walking a bit faster. For some reason I started bouncing like I was getting ready to fight. Finally, my tippy toes touched the ground. I had just done a huge achievement.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the hard work you have done on your camp writing Harrison. You have crafted your story well. I particularly like the simile that you used, "My knees were shaking like ping pong balls bouncing within 2 walls." That provides a very clear picture for the reader.

    ReplyDelete